Customized Pet Wellness Care
At Irvine Valley Veterinary Hospital, we know how important regular pet wellness care is for your furry friend. We also know no two pets are the same, so we customize our pet wellness care exams according to individual age and needs. Puppies and kittens require different care than adult pets and senior pets require even more specialized treatment.
Animals have shorter life spans than humans and regular pet wellness care can prevent many medical issues. Senior pets can develop conditions rapidly and we recommend bi-annual visits for them. By discussing a schedule of care for your pet and performing comprehensive physical examinations, we’re able to keep Irvine pets in tip-top shape.
Preventing and Diagnosing Veterinary Issues
Pet wellness care can alert us to potential medical issues before they become serious. We perform a complete nose to tail examination on your pet to look for any health concerns. We’ll also discuss any changes since the last time we saw them and ask if you’ve noticed any unusual behavior. If we’re alerted to any possible conditions, we’re fully equipped with advanced in-house diagnostics to run the proper tests and obtain results as quickly as possible.
Pet wellness care includes examining and checking for the following:
- Tartar build-up and inflamed gums, which can indicate gum disease
- Irregular lumps and growths that may be cancerous
- Unusual weight gain or loss
- Vitals, including heart rate and temperature
- Dandruff, allergies and other potential skin problems
- Stiff or achy joints
- Runny nose and eyes
Caring for Your Pet with Wellness Packages
Please schedule a new pet’s wellness care visit with us at Irvine Valley Veterinary Hospital so we can determine a schedule of care. Puppies and kittens should receive their first round of vaccinations at six to eight weeks old and adult pets should receive certain vaccination boosters every year.
We want to make regular pet wellness care as easy on our clients as possible. Therefore, we offer wellness packages for puppies and kittens, and senior pets, which are ones over the age of 7. These packages help our clients save significantly and include everything to keep your pet as healthy as possible.
For puppies and kittens, wellness packages include:
- Spay and neuter surgery (added charge if performed after 18-weeks old)
- A complete series of vaccinations and boosters
- Deworming medication (if indicated)
- Nail trimming
For senior pets, wellness packages include:
- Bi-annual examinations
- Blood and urine analysis
- Ultrasound to help assess health of abdominal organs (added charge for sedation, if required)
- Digital 2-view X-rays to check chest, abdomen or joints (added charge for sedation, if required)
- Heartworm and fecal testing
Ask us about our wellness care packages and how they can help you save money. Contact us today!