Veterinary Critical Care in Irvine, CA
Our emergency care hospital is designed to provide urgent and critical care in Irvine, CA. We are available 24/7 and all major holidays for your convenience.
Critical care is for those potentially life-threatening situations that simply can’t wait. And because our canine and feline family members can’t speak for themselves, it’s all the more important for us to be there for you when you’re not sure what’s going on, and you don’t know what to do. We can address your concerns and dispel any uncertainty, so you can rest assured that your pet is in the very best hands.
You can call us right away at or drive over as soon as possible to have your pet seen.
Signs Your Pet Needs Critical Care
If you observe any of the signs listed below, please call us or bring in your pet right away for treatment:
- Diarrhea/bloody diarrhea
- Vomiting/vomiting blood
- Difficulty breathing/breathing heavily
- Bloated abdomen
- Pale gums
- Trauma (struck by vehicle, attacked by another dog)
- Any type of wound
- Ingested a poisonous plant
- Ingested a toxic substance such as rat poison, antifreeze or fertilizer
- Ingested chocolate, onions, candy or gum containing xylitol, ibuprofen
- Severe swelling around the face (could indicate allergic reaction)
- Prolonged lethargy
- Prolonged blood loss
- Inability to move bowels or urinate
- Foaming at the mouth
- Irregular or rapid heart rate
- Inability to stand or walk
- Loss of consciousness
Call immediately or bring your pet in if any of the above scenarios apply.